The Little Black Dress in the Workplace
Posted on 24 July 2017
The most classic piece of clothing any woman can have, is the little black dress. First introduced to the fashion scene in the 1920’s by Coco Chanel and immortalized by Audrey Hepburn in the famous Breakfast at Tiffany’s, the little black dress has graced closets of women around the world. It elicits a sense of class and sophistication to the wearer. There are a multitude of ways to wear the LBD for any occasion, more specifically in the office. We will highlight tips and tricks to looking classy and sexy in the office wearing your little black dress.
- Simple Sophistication – Keeping it simple is the most sophisticated way to wear the LBD. Pair it with a chic Chanel or Chanel inspired tweed jacket. Lightly accessorize with pearls and small diamond studs, a classic pump, and handbag.
- Pop of Color – Find an accessory in a bold color to pair with the dress. You have the option to use neutral colors and tones throughout the rest of the outfit or choose 2-3 extra pieces in the same color. You want to make sure not to over accessorize with the same color for the avoidance of looking too coordinated.
- Statement Shoes – Pair your LBD with the boldest pair of pumps, or stilettos that you own. The shoes can have a print, pattern, textures or all three in one. The key to wearing statement shoes is keeping the rest of the outfit neutral and accessories paired with the outfit neutral.
- Layers – Adding layers to the dress is a great way to put a spin on it. You can choose a full on button up shirt or collared blouse. You can even wear one of the removable collar pieces with it. During the winter months you can replace the collar with a turtleneck if permitted by the style of dress.
- Casual – Dress down by pairing the dress with a light cardigan and/or ballet flats. You can even add a thin waist belt to the dress to give a little something more. This pairing allows to have maximum comfortability and still maintaining a sense of class.
If you don’t have a LBD in your closet already, go out and splurge a little on one that is good quality to be able to last through years. The little black dress is a great investment for any women especially those in the workplace.