Successful Women Read Too!
Posted on 14 June 2017
Looking for guidance through a sticky situation, a new perspective on life or maybe you just need a little inspiration to get you through the day…Theses books cover a range of topics including career, love, and learning how to be the best you no matter where you are in life.
- Big Magic, Elizabeth Gilbert – The author of the bestselling book Eat Pray Love comes back with another great page turner. Gilbert shares her wisdom on how to achieve your greatest creativity by tackling the many challenges that face you in everyday life.
- Year of Yes, Shonda Rhimes – Once you’ve reached success writing three award winning shows, being the mother of three children and naturally having an introverted personality, the easiest thing for you is to say no when an opportunity arises for you to engage with others. Rhimes tells the story of how saying yes to the little things life changes your life.
- Girl Code, Cara Alwill Leyba – Todays women are entrepreneurs, successful, and powerful, living life to the fullest, and becoming role models and inspiration for other women and young girls around the globe. Girl Code gives you the secrets to developing your self –esteem and confidence to unlock your greatest potential.
- Ask for It, Linda Babcock – Ever feel like you get the short end of the stick whenever you make a deal, whether it is at work, buying car or even with family? This book provides you with a four-phase program that teaches any woman how to negotiate and get the best deal out of any situation.
- Lean In, Sheryl Sandberg – An all-around book that provides tips to be an all-around woman in the work force. This book is an empowerment guide to help woman overcome any fears and become a go-getter in achieving your dreams
- Leave Your Mark, Aliza Licht – It is always nice to hear other people’s struggle with life and make it through. Leave Your Mark is Licht’s story of how she developed and imprinted her personal brand in the field of fashion.
- #Girl Boss, Sophia Amoruso – CEO and creative director of Nasty Gal shares her story on her circumstances and work ethic that helped her reach her success. Her story can be seen as guidance or simply just inspiration for you to pursue and build your success.
- The Confidence Code, Katy Kay, Claire Shipman – Confidence is key, this statement is the overall theme of The Confidence Code. Research in gender, behavior, and genetics combined with personal experience Kay and Shipman give you the tools to build confidence in your field of work.
- You Are a Badass, Jen Sincero – Still trying to understand why you haven‘t reached your full potential? After reading this badass book, you have a better grasp of who you are and why you are that way. This self-help book guides you on how to break your bad habits that are stopping you from fulfilling your own dreams.
- Thrive, Arianna Huffington – In this celebrated book Huffington talks about the importance of taking care of your well-being. She gives you advice on how to start taking care of yourself and how it will and can positively relate to the success of your career and income. Essentially the book teaches you how to thrive in life
All of these books can be purchased at your local bookstore, Barnes and Nobles, Amazon, and Google. Happy Reading!